Melbourne OT Virginia English

My Melbourne OT practice

Virginia English, Melbourne OT

I am a registered occupational therapist who specialises in community occupational therapy for adults.

I provide an OT home visiting service in Melbourne suburbs northwest of the Yarra River and have over 30 years of OT experience. Before starting my private occupational therapy practice, I was a Senior Clinician Occupational Therapist at the Royal Melbourne Hospital for more than a decade.

My OT practice is client directed and entails close collaboration with clients and their families, friends and carers as directed by the client.

OT services

OT Assessments

Assistive Technology

Home Modifications

Pressure Care

My OT services make home environments safer and more supportive to help clients:

I enjoy helping my clients maintain or regain their independence. It's really satisfying to see the difference my work makes to my clients' quality of life.

About occupational therapy

The purpose of occupational therapy is to enable participation in daily life activities. Occupational therapists assess the client and their environment to identify barriers to participation. They then work with the client to prescribe interventions to overcome those barriers so that the client is able to do what they need and want to do. To find out more about occupational theapy see the World Federation of Occupation Therapists website.

What to expect

The OT process begins with an initial home assessment. This includes:

Once the OT assessment is completed, I can also assist with implementing and reviewing my recommendations if requested. This may include:


Do I need a referral?

You do not need a referral if you are paying privately but some funding programs such as Medicare and DVA require a referral. For more information, see Funding Options.

Are you a registered provider with the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)?

Yes, I am a registered NDIS provider. For more information, see Funding Options.

Are you a registered provider with the Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA)?

Yes, I am a registered provider with DVA. For more information, see Funding Options.

Which suburbs of Melbourne do you work in?

I visit clients in suburbs within 20 km northwest of the Yarra River. This includes the councils of Yarra, Melbourne, Darebin, Moreland, Moonee Valley, southeast Hume and south Whittlesea. I am able to consider other areas on request.

What if the client has limited English?

Many of my clients do not speak English or have English as a second language. If you're concerned about a language barrier, please contact me and we can work out a solution.

Do you have any other questions?

If you would like to know more information about my services or have a query, please contact me.